ICT Strengthens position in Healthcare Market
ICT signs letter of intent to acquire the leading software company BMA, specialised in obstetrics solutions
ICT Automatisering N.V. (ICT) announces that today it has signed a letter of intent to acquire the shares of BMA (Bureau Medische Automatisering), a leading Dutch Healthcare software company based in Houten. ICT plans to acquire 51% of the shares as per January 2016. The remaining 49% will be acquired after a period of three years. The purchase consideration comprises a cash payment and an amount paid in ICT shares. The intended acquisition of BMA marks another step in the growth strategy of ICT, as it enables ICT to further expand its position in the healthcare market.
BMA develops software products that are designed for electronic record-keeping and fetal monitoring, focusing on the optimisation of the working and decision-making processes at the maternity ward. Their own software called Mosos – the integral solution for Obstetrics – is developed by BMA in close cooperation with gynaecologists, midwives, universities and government agencies. BMA distinguishes itself by offering all necessary software modules in order to produce paperless synoptic reporting. Next to selling and implementing its software products, BMA is also an exclusive distributor of specific obstetrical hardware products. With some 40 highly skilled professionals, BMA is market leader in the Benelux with a market penetration of approximately 80%. Next to the Benelux market the company is active in the UK, France and Switzerland. In the past years, BMA realised consistent profitable revenues of more than EUR 5 million per annum.
Jos Blejie, CEO of ICT: Diagnostic software and tools are getting increasingly important in the Healthcare sector. This acquisition further enhances our position in the field of ‘Smart Health’. Moreover it fully fits ICT’s strategic objective to become a total solutions provider. BMA is a clear market leader in the field of Obstetrics and enriches the total Health portfolio of ICT.”
Oscar Appeldoorn and Alex Holsbergen, Managing Directors of BMA: “Joining ICT, as a leading software integrator, is a next step in realizing our growth strategy. In combination with ICT we expect to accelerate in product development and further internationalization. Staying shareholders in BMA the coming three years, and at the same time becoming a shareholder in ICT underlines the trust we have in a long term relationship with ICT.”
BMA will remain an independent business unit residing in its current location and operating under its own label within the ICT Group.
ICT Group (ICT Automatisering N.V.) is an independent provider of industrial automation services. Our specific industry knowledge of various markets, enables us to realize innovative solutions. Over 700 passionate technical specialists are working for the ICT Group. The following subsidiaries are member of the ICT Group: ICT Netherlands (ICT Automatisering Nederland B.V.), Strypes Bulgaria (ICT Nearshoring B.V.), Improve Quality Services and InTraffic (50%).